Can we make multiple correct answers in short answer type questions?

Can we make multiple correct answers in short answer type questions?

by Pohit Sharma -
Number of replies: 5

I am trying to create multiple correct answer lets say in ans1 , ans2 , ans3 are the correct answers which are graded as 100%, When I fill the correct response it show as only ans1 is correct.

Could anyone plz tell me how I can create that type of question? 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Pohit Sharma

Re: Can we make multiple correct answers in short answer type questions?

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You can do this. It works for me.

In quiestoin preview, when you click the 'Fill with correct' button, it will anways fill in ans1, but you can type ans2 or ans3 to test it.

In reply to Pohit Sharma

by Sakshi Goel -

Hello Pohit,

Yes, if you choose several correct answers than if a user answer any one of the option you specified it shows correct. But the thing is that you can't grade every correct answer as 100%. One is totally correct other can be partially correct.

Example - suppose you have specified three correct responses. If one option is 100% correct , than the other option can be 90% correct, 50% whatever. You can't grade all 100% .

In reply to Sakshi Goel

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

This is incorrect.

In reply to Tim Hunt

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I think there might be a semantic confusion with "multiple correct answers" here. If you only want your question to have one answer, but there is a choice of correct answers - then you set it to "one answer only" and can have 100% for each. If you want your answer to have several correct answers then  you set it to "multipla answers" and the answers have to add up to 100% and can't each have 100% (I think)

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Pohit Sharma -

Hi all ,

Thanks for your suggestion. Let me first clearify my question

suppose this is my paragraph  

“My grandma pulled the ball out, unwrapped it, and held it out for us to see. The ball was scarred almost beyond recognition. It had dog bite marks, dirt scuffs, and fraying seams. Right in the middle was a big signature in black ink that I had somehow overlooked. It was smudged now and faded, but it still clearly said ‘Babe Ruth.’ I began to shake inside.”

and there are two phrases from the paragraph that help you understand the meaning of scarred

So my need is to select those answer as correct answer in short answer type question and when user select these two phrase from the paragraph it shoud show as correct or partialy correct.

I don't want to use the multiple correct type question for the same