File Picker display error

File Picker display error

by David Meuleman -
Number of replies: 2

I have a user who is having trouble with the file picker.  Drag and drop appears to work correctly.  But when she clicks on the "Add file" button the repositories side of the window does not appear correctly.  A png file is attached that shows the display issue.

She is using Firefox 26.  I did not see any strange plug-ins or extensions for FF that I thought might be causing this.  It appears to be only this one computer as I was able to log in as her on my desktop (using Firefox 26) and did not have this issue.  She tells me this happened after we upgraded from Moodle 2.5 to 2.6 (Build 20131224).

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing this?  I doubt it's a problem with Moodle, but I'm hoping somebody has seen it and can help me find the Firefox setting to change.

Attachment File picker error.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Meuleman

Re: File Picker display error

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi David,

For the past few days, my Moodle 2.6+ was doing the same thing in FF. I tried turning off and removing plugins, etc. Yesterday, I finally wound up uninstalling and then reinstalling FF, which fixed the problem.

Afterwards, I think if I had went into my Windows drive Documents and Settings > Application Data > Mozilla Firefox folder, and deleted the Profiles folder it probably would have fixed it without having to uninstall/install FF.

By the way, this was on a Windows XP machine. sad But, with dual 24 inch monitors. big grin

Hope this helps,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

Re: File Picker display error

by David Meuleman -

Thank AL, you lead me in the right direction.

It appears to be the font size the user has chosen in FF.  https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/font-size-and-zoom-increase-size-of-web-pages
When the font size gets small enough, the file picker javascript or css breaks.

I'll put in a ticket.

Edit: In researching for information to add to the tracker entry, I discovered that I can reproduce this in IE 10, FF 26, and Chrome 32.