Moodle documentation: O'Reilly Moodle book now available to order

Moodle documentation: O'Reilly Moodle book now available to order

by Jason Cole -
Number of replies: 4
Hey everyone.

After much blood, sweat and tears, you can now order the first book on Moodle. "Using Moodle" is available from O'Reilly Press starting in July!

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/moodle/

The version posted here is an older version. The new version is much cleaner, clearer and incorporates the feedback I've recieved on the earlier drafts.

Thanks to all those who helped out!

Jason
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jason Cole

Re: Moodle documentation: O'Reilly Moodle book now available to order

by Pat Cresswell -

Hi Jason

I look foreward to the book plopping on to the mat!

In reply to Jason Cole

by Anne Thorp -

Hi Jason,

I have your book! Thank you, it is a wonderful resource! I will tell my Moodle teachers.

My question to you is, where does the Blackboard to Moodle transistion stand? I understand that you were working on it at San Francisco State, but we can't find any information about it anymore. Could you lead us to the resource? We are currently using Bb 6.1 and have some teachers who would like to migrate their course.

Thanks so much,

Anne athorp@oaisd.org

In reply to Jason Cole

by Karen Cheale -
Great book, Jason

I bought myself a copy and made the mistake of showing it to my section manager - haven't seen it since.  Still, he did give me my money back from petty cash and is ordering some more to go in the college library.

Your perspectives on how to be creative are especially welcome. 

As we are using Moodle 1.5.2, how about a supplement for 1.5?

Karen
In reply to Jason Cole

by Sonja Grussendorf -
Hey Jason,
I remember being really imprssed with the draft, and I have just looked at the introduction you can download on the O'Reilly site as well, and I like how clear you write. So... when are you going to post the book back here, as promised? The publishers haven't changed their minds, have they?

Best wishes,

Sonja