"iconsmall" / "smallicon" rename to "icon-small" help.

"iconsmall" / "smallicon" rename to "icon-small" help.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi all,

I'm attempting to implement MDL-43112 - what I need is assistance in identifying where the screen is in Moodle for each of the PHP and JS files listed on: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle/compare/wip-MDL-43112_master.  Then I can form a full test plan and check each one to ensure nothing has been broken as has just been identified.  If you can say something on the tracker or here like:

/course/renderer.php -> Course with editing on.

Then that would be helpful.

Cheers,

Gareth

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Gareth J Barnard

Re: "iconsmall" / "smallicon" rename to "icon-small" help.

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Please smile

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Like I said just now in the tracker...what you have done in this fix is spot on. The problem is with the old CSS and if the plus sign is the only icon that is causing this to be rejected then we need to look at the plus sign icon and see where it has gone wrong. For instance was it a iconsmall or smallicon? What was the original CSS? Was it written wrongly?  Is there a duplicate of that CSS elsewhere? This is what we need to find out. I'm working on it at the minute.

smile

Cheers

Mx

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Further to my last comment...

1) this is a relative setting for img.iconsmall

.section .activity .moodle-actionmenu[data-enhanced] .menu {margin-left: -2.8em;}
.section img.iconsmall {
    vertical-align: text-bottom;
    width: 16px;
    height: 16px;
    margin: 4px;
}

2) whereas this is an absolute setting

.section .editing_title img.iconsmall {
    width: 12px;
    height: 12px;
    margin: 4px 8px 4px 0;
}

so one has to wonder about the logic applied to the reason behind the different sizes for the same icon. surely it should be set and fixed, there is no reason for it to be smaller.

Hope this helps?

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by Franc Pombal -

Hi Gareth

I think I later, but... I have revised the icons in my theme, and here I upload the list I use for documentation the changes I made...

Thanks for your improve

In reply to Franc Pombal

by Gareth J Barnard -

Hi Franc,

Thank you for the list, but I'm sorry to say has nothing to do with the post question.  I'm trying to identify which physical page is displayed for each file listed in the difference so I can fully write the test plan.

The issue pull branch has updated to: https://github.com/gjb2048/moodle/compare/wip-MDL-43112_master_2

Cheers,

Gareth