General help

Picture of Florent Picard
Re: how can locate URL address for uploaded files (moodle 2.4)

Hi Dimitri:

As shown in the attached image, you can easily find the URL of any uploaded file in Moodle 2.4+ for any use.

For example, when the URL of a file is known using Repository File Manager Plug In, similar to Moodle 1.9 file system, you may link Excel files to questions in a test.

Concerning the place where to load the files linked to questions, you may use the normal File resource where you upload, second to a first file the student can see,  a second, or more, file the students can't see.

All these files have the same URL except the name of the file at the end of URL.

Students have the right to see these files because the resource is not hidden.

This is not true when you create a directory, upload the files to this directory, and hide the directory after so the students don't see the files used in tests: student have no access to the files because these files are hidden.

Good luck.

( -Edited by Mary Cooch -to remove signature as signatures are not allowed in forum posts according to the Code of Conduct original submission Sunday, 5 January 2014, 4:46 PM)

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Dimitra Kara

Thank you so much! You saved me a lot of valuable time! smile

Average of ratings: -
Picture of Dimitra Kara

Hello Mr. Picard!

I'm facing an issue again! I spoke too soon i guess. I downloaded the file manager and I put the entire file in tha path that its shown in the picture below. But it doesn't work!It appears as an add-on but it shows an error message. Can you help me?

Picture of Florent Picard

Hi Dimitri:

I send you the attached file called HowToFindURLOfUploadedFilesInMoodle24plus.zip.

This is a zip file because the original pdf file is too large.

When you unzip this file, you get a pdf file which is a much more detailed procedure to install the 2 plugins and get the URL of an uploaded file in Moodle 2.4+.

I have to tell you that there is another plugin called "Embedded files Plus" but i never tried it.

Good luck.

(Edited by Mary Cooch -to remove signature as signatures are not allowed in forum posts according to the Code of Conduct -  original submission Monday, 6 January 2014, 2:34 AM)

Average of ratings:Useful (1)
Picture of Dimitra Kara

Thank you for everything! Your help was very important!

By any chance, could you tell me why my flash files don't show up into the lesson? They appear in the html code but when I'm trying to see the result, it's not there!