Auto-linking doesn't work

Auto-linking doesn't work

Peter Diedrichs -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I have moodle 2.4.6+ and cannot get the auto-linking to work. I have copied the words in the glossary to the main page and to a forum in the course.

My settings are as far as I can tell correct, below are images of the site-, module- and entry settings.

Global settings

Module settings

Entry settings

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Peter Diedrichs

Re: Auto-linking doesn't work

Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

You have given screenshots of the glossary settings but have you also ensured that sitewide the glossary auto linking feature is enabled in Administration>plugins>filters>manage filters AND that it is enabled in your course in Administration>Course administration>Filters?

In reply to Mary Cooch

Peter Diedrichs -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Mary, thank you!

It was the Administration>plugins>filters>manage filters that was the problem; it wasn't set so I didn't have the alternative under Administration>Course administration>Filters

Now it all works like a charm சிரி

In reply to Peter Diedrichs

Michal Denny -

Hi Mary,

My school has just set up Moodle 2.5 (previously we had a very old Moodle 1) for our intranet so I'm on a crash course of learning its features. I've created a glossary and set everything I can (I don't have admin rights) to auto-linking (including the entries) but my first entries aren't auto-linking to the terms in the book I've also created.

The glossary filter auto-linking setting says "activity names auto-linking   Default (on)" 

The book was created before the glossary.

thanks

Michal