Auto-linking doesn't work

Auto-linking doesn't work

gan Peter Diedrichs -
Number of replies: 4
Llun o Particularly helpful Moodlers

I have moodle 2.4.6+ and cannot get the auto-linking to work. I have copied the words in the glossary to the main page and to a forum in the course.

My settings are as far as I can tell correct, below are images of the site-, module- and entry settings.

Global settings

Module settings

Entry settings

Cyfartaledd sgoriau: -
In reply to Peter Diedrichs

Re: Auto-linking doesn't work

gan Mary Cooch -
Llun o Documentation writers Llun o Moodle HQ Llun o Particularly helpful Moodlers Llun o Testers Llun o Translators

You have given screenshots of the glossary settings but have you also ensured that sitewide the glossary auto linking feature is enabled in Administration>plugins>filters>manage filters AND that it is enabled in your course in Administration>Course administration>Filters?

Cyfartaledd sgoriau:Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Cooch

gan Peter Diedrichs -
Llun o Particularly helpful Moodlers

Hi Mary, thank you!

It was the Administration>plugins>filters>manage filters that was the problem; it wasn't set so I didn't have the alternative under Administration>Course administration>Filters

Now it all works like a charm gwenu

In reply to Peter Diedrichs

gan Michal Denny -

Hi Mary,

My school has just set up Moodle 2.5 (previously we had a very old Moodle 1) for our intranet so I'm on a crash course of learning its features. I've created a glossary and set everything I can (I don't have admin rights) to auto-linking (including the entries) but my first entries aren't auto-linking to the terms in the book I've also created.

The glossary filter auto-linking setting says "activity names auto-linking   Default (on)" 

The book was created before the glossary.

thanks

Michal

In reply to Michal Denny

gan Joseph Rézeau -
Llun o Core developers Llun o Particularly helpful Moodlers Llun o Plugin developers Llun o Testers Llun o Translators

Michael "The glossary filter auto-linking setting says "activity names auto-linking   Default (on)" "

That is not the setting you want, you want the Glossary auto-linking setting to be enabled. Ask your moodle site Administrator to switch it on.

Joseph