New release of Moodle Tracker module (2014010200)

New release of Moodle Tracker module (2014010200)

by Valery Fremaux -
Number of replies: 4
Picture of Plugin developers

moodle-mod_tracker
==================

Ticketting tracker for Moodle used as user support or bug report

Component class : Moodle Activity Module

Version 2.3 : New branch MOODLE_23_STABLE for those additional adjustments

Version 2.4 : New branch MOODLE_24_STABLE for those additional adjustments / Tested on 2.5 and 2.6 with correct stability tests.

Original record
=======================

Used for tracking issues.
By Clifford Tham.
http://docs.moodle.org/en/Student_projects/Integrated_bug_tracker

REVIEWED TRACKER MODULE
=======================

By Valery Fremaux.
http://www.mylearningfactory.com/course/view.php?id=125

It provides a complete ticket tracking activity with following features :

- Customizable ticket form submission
- Commentable ticket records
- Ticket assignation management
- Ticket priority
- Rich ticket listing using flexible table
- "My tickets" list as author
- "My assigned ticket" list (my work)
- Closed or solved tickets separate archive
- Multicriteria search engine
- Search query personal memo
- Watch management
- Notification service (parametric)
- Full backup/restore implementation
- Tracking activity reports

Release note : 2014010200

===========================

This version adds significant changes in module configuration. Now configuration allows a tracker to be preset to one of following behaviour, and that will preset some configuration values and role overrides in the instance context :

- Bug tracker : rather collective activity, students as reporters, teachers (all kind) as resolvers or developpers/workers)

- User support : rather individual activity where reporter only track his own tickets, without collective view. Developpers/workers and resolvers still have collective view against the ticket stack.

- (NEW) : Task distribution: Teachers as reporters and ticket manager, students as workers/assignable. The "mywork" is bounded to worker's own tickets/tasks, without possibiliity to view other's entries. Conversely, teachers as reporters keep collective view upon the distributed tasks.

- (NEW) Fully customisable : here the editing teacher configures the tracker as he wants.

These four behaviour are supported with a new implementation that allows enabling/disabling some proposed ticket states. This will let a more flexible configuration of the workflow, simplify it where just marking is needed, or providing full detailed stte sequence in case of a very formal process.

As an addition, a new "strict workflow" option will reduce the number of outgoing states depending on the internal role of the user. f.e. : only assigned developpers can "open" tickets, so if a ticket is viewed by a manager, it will not be actually marked open.

A global work to rip out too narrow 'bug dedicated" semantics has been performed, so Moodle Tracker module can now serve many distinct purposes.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Valery Fremaux

Re: New release of Moodle Tracker module (2014010200)

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Valery,

I have been using this module for years and love it. I just installed the new 2014010200 version on my Moodle 2.6+ development site and I am getting warnings and errors.

When logged in as teacher or student I get: Notice: Undefined variable: tracker in /var/www/moodle26dev/moodle/mod/tracker/locallib.php on line 45

When logged in as a student, I get a fatal error when I try to Browse my tickets: Fatal error: Call to undefined function html_writer() in /var/www/moodle26dev/moodle/mod/tracker/views/viewissuelist.php on line 255

Any ideas on what is happening? I hope it is a simple fix.

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Valery,

I guess my attempt to reply to your email to me with a new version must not have worked. Our filter at school does that sometimes when I try to send from my personal email account, instead of the school one.

Anyway, the zipped file you sent me did fix the notice and the fatal error. However, the tracker module now shows three other notices when debugging is set to developer mode.

can_use_html_editor has been deprecated please update your code to assume it returns true.

• line 4702 of /lib/deprecatedlib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 75 of /mod/tracker/view.php: call to can_use_html_editor()

navmenu() is deprecated, it is no longer relevant with global navigation.

• line 2012 of /lib/deprecatedlib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 114 of /mod/tracker/view.php: call to navmenu()

You need to update your sql to include additional name fields in the user object.

• line 3570 of /lib/moodlelib.php: call to debugging()
  • line 245 of /mod/tracker/views/viewissuelist.php: call to fullname()
  • line 153 of /mod/tracker/view.php: call to include()

There is a slight variation in the line numbers when comparing the file you sent me and what is currently available on GitHub, but both versions give the same notices.

When debugging is set to NORMAL, it seems to work just fine. Thanks for the great module,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Valery Fremaux -
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Al

Thanks for reporting. 

former advices are actually quite old useless code that i'll remove.

latter is a very good sad news for all developers using fullname() in pre 2.6 code : they will all have to review the user object they provide to this function...  

This leads me to setup the MOODLE_26_STABLE specific branch for the tracker module wink

In reply to Valery Fremaux

by Benoit Ter Burg -

Hello every  User support - Work Tracker plugin user

Hello Valery (plugin owner and man maintainer) 

I used this very useful plugin for managing post ILT/blended training students questions.

I would need a mail alert to user X (for example defaut assignee) when a new post occurred.

If I well understood, such alert is only available when a post is posted or later in the process through 'User Preferences'.

Should be very useful if also possible when new post occurred. 

With such alert there is no need to connect on Moodle to check if new post occurred.

Someone facing same issue / need?

Any idea ? 

Any workaround?

Thanks for your help. 

Ben