Exporting Forum Messages to HTML

Exporting Forum Messages to HTML

by Matias Garcia -
Number of replies: 5
Hi All!

I must start by saying that I love moodle! Great great work! cool

My question is: Is there any way to export an entire forum to a (or a set of) static(s) HTML page(s)?

I would like to do that in order to let my forums be searchable with web crawlers like Google. As a way to share and distribute information to the comunity.

Maybe there isn't a built-in function, but perhaps there is a mysql script or something...

Thanks.

matías
http://os.matiu.com.ar
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Matias Garcia

Re: Exporting Forum Messages to HTML

by Deborah Nunes -
Hello Matias!

Did u find answer for how toi export forum messages, I'm looking for it to.
tks
In reply to Matias Garcia

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
By strange coincidence I was just asked today if we could do the same thing (more or less). We need to export a format to a "flat" presentation that can be used in a Word documents. The motivation is for some research into the way people work in forums.

Now, if Moodle used templates this would be easy (sorry) clown
In reply to Howard Miller

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
From the top of the discussion:

"Display replies with oldest first"

then from the browser meni

File -> Save Page As ...

then open that HTML page in Word.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hey - I'm always looking for the hard way of doing things! Thanks M. big grin