Moodle 1.5 is available for download

Moodle 1.5 is available for download

by Martin Dougiamas -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Moodle 1.5 is now on the Moodle download page, and tagged in CVS as MOODLE_15.

I've done this now because I'm heading out on a 30-hour plane journey in a few hours and doing it later could mean MUCH later.

I'm not announcing it more widely just yet because I haven't had time to do the sort of QA I usually get to do before a big release, and I'm unsure of serious some of the known bugs in the bug tracker are. There have been some relatively major oversights fixed in the past few days, so I find it hard to imagine we've got them all.

One reason I've run out of time is having to organise this three week trip properly, the other is because I'm trying to organise a proper Moodle office with a full time staff of Moodle developers hired specifically to work on QA and core code, so that we aren't left in this situation again. big grin

In the meantime, I'd appreciate if everyone can keep working on the reported bugs in the bug tracker and keep tweaking MOODLE_15_STABLE with fixes. And of course TEST TEST TEST!

Thanks everyone! See you from the French MoodleMoot in Brest!
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Moodle 1.5 is available for download

by Marcus Green -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Congratulations on the release, have been playing with the beta and will be testing the release. Have a great trip!
Marcus
In reply to Marcus Green

by Ger Tielemans -
Thanks, the beta is already very promissing: made me decide to implement 1.5 for the next schoolyear at any price!

by Art Lader -

One small step for Moodle, one giant leap for mankind!

Thanks to everyone who worked so hard to make it happen.

-- Art

by reg phenna -

Thanks,

I hope it's a holiday you are taking as you deserve one for all the hard work you have done on 1.5 big grin