Essay question type support

Essay question type support

by Robert Hurwitz -
Number of replies: 3

I work for a virtual school and we are looking at moodle as a platform to export our content to. One large problem with using moodle is I am unable to find a way to use essay questions within an assessment or exam. I am not sure if the assignment module would allow for this or if it would be under the lessons module. If anybody has any idea of where I could look for this feature I would greatly appreciate it.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Robert Hurwitz

Re: Essay question type support

by Michael Penney -
Hi Robert, in Moodle 1.5, the lesson module has essay questions built in (along with multiple choice, t/f, etc.).

We're (Cal State, Humboldt) also currently developing essay questions for the Moodle quiz, the code should be ready in a few weeks.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Robert Hurwitz

Re: Essay question type support

by vidyamanohara sharma -

Is the student expected to type his/her answer for the essay question?

I think We should not let the student spend much time in typing the solution.

I am working out a method of creating options for the students to click and submit the complete answer for an essay type question.

I have created few questions of that sort and administering them at our place.  Once I am confident about its applicability I will share with all of you

The basic Idea here is that the student should spend his precious time only in solving the problem but not on the process of submitting it.