book module: default settings and css

book module: default settings and css

by Terri Bateman -
Number of replies: 8
Hi,
I have been experimenting with the book module. I have created some pages using an external CSS for the styles. I haven't been able to get my styles to show up in the book. The style sheet is in the same folder as content. Anyone had any luck with this?
I have also noticed that every time I choose a file the text comes up 'justify right' and I have to go in and set each page to left align manually. Is this a default setting that I could change or is it just my pages?

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Terri Bateman

Re: book module: default settings and css

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
...style sheet in the same folder as content...

I do not understand - there is no content folder for books. The easiest way is to modify mod/book/book_theme.css. If you need more customisation try changing html code in mod/book/view.php

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Andrea Bicciolo -

Petr, in view.php the html table cell where the book page content is displayed is right aligned. This forces every text you enter without forcing left align to be right aligned.

Would it be possible to have the default alignment for the table cell here? It seems a little strange editing text default aligned (left, for most western language) then see it displayed right aligned. Or at least coud be usefull an option to select the default alignment.

In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I did not notice it because in FF it seemed ok, but it is now fixed in CVS. The alignment is defined in css.
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Terri Bateman -
Thank you,
I'm having some success with that. I had to get some help to get into book_theme.css because I didn't know how.

by Terri Bateman -
One more questions about the book...
Can I upload more than one page at a time to create linking pages?
The table of contents says you can upload a directory, but it won't let me choose one. If I select a zip I get an error.
Thanks

by Petr Skoda -
You can, but you need to type the directory name on keyboard.

I will file a bug report and discuss it with other developers, because the problem is in files/index.php.

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Terri Bateman -
Thank you!
That makes such a difference, and it makes the book module much more appealing. I was quite frustrated choosing one page at a time.

In reply to Petr Skoda

by Michael Penney -
One solution to this that wouldn't require changing index.php would be to enable book to import zipped directories. We did this with lesson (in 1.6) for powerpoint html import.