Will the Book Module work in Moodle 1.5?

Will the Book Module work in Moodle 1.5?

by Paul Nijbakker -
Number of replies: 17
Hello Petr,

The Book module is an exellent tool to limit course page length for inexperienced teachers and we intend to use it in 1.4.5, but will it still work when we update to 1.5?

Kind regards,
Paul.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Nijbakker

Svar: Will the Book Module work in Moodle 1.5?

by Anders Berggren -
I am using it in 1.5 and haven't
encountered any mayor problems.
Indenting and bullets don't work
but that's minor problems.
In reply to Anders Berggren

Re: Svar: Will the Book Module work in Moodle 1.5?

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Indenting and bullets are now fixed in cvs, I am going to iron out the rest today wink
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Dawn Wright -

Hi Petr

Thanks for all your work on this module; it is very useful.

We are using 1.4.4+  and the book was working but the bullets and indents were not working properly. I noticed you post and I hoped that the changes you made for 1.5 would still work in 1.4.4+ and they do in the sense that the bullets and indents now appear correct and everything else seems to work properly in book. But I get a fatal error when I ran /admin :

Fatal error: Cannot redeclare book_upgrade() (previously declared in D:\Inetpub\DELPHI\graduate\mod\book\db\mysql.php:3) in D:\Inetpub\DELPHI\graduate\mod\book-old\db\mysql.php on line 3

I know this is probably just a versioning problem but I cannot remember where I need to change the version number to eliminate it.  Can you point me in the right direction?

In reply to Dawn Wright

by Petr Skoda -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Why mod\book-old\db ? It must be in mod\book\ only wink
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Jodi Stiles -

I just upgraded from 1.4.4 to 1.5.  When I try to use several of the book functions (particularly updating text of chapters or sub-chapters), I get kicked back to the log in page and then cannot complete the update.  Does this sound familiar to anyone else?

Thanks - I find the book module to be very useful.

Jodi

In reply to Jodi Stiles

by AjnabiZ ... -
Any news on the updated version of book module for Moodle 1.5.1
In reply to AjnabiZ ...

by Petr Skoda -
I will release updated version for 1.5.1 tomorrow, mostly fixes for the new backup/restore and some other minor updates.

It will not be compatible with older versions.
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Darren Smith -
I am having problems with restoring books so hopefully this will fix it smile

Is it just in CVS or will it appear on the downloads page also?

TIA
In reply to Darren Smith

by Petr Skoda -
Sorry for the delay, I am too busy with fixing assignment module for 1.5.2 sad
Will be working on it tonight...
In reply to Petr Skoda

by AjnabiZ ... -
Skodak

Since moodle 1.5.2 has been released.

Is it possible for you to take a look into the Book module please
In reply to AjnabiZ ...

by Petr Skoda -
It is already 1.5.2 ready wink
In reply to Petr Skoda

by AjnabiZ ... -
Thank you very much Skodak

Ill take a look at it

In reply to Petr Skoda

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators

Hi Petr!

I have just upgraded from Moodle 1.44+ to version  1.5.2 + (2005060222) from a remote to a local server.

Some how the css-classes does not work and the pictures are not showing either.

I have used your Book mod, from today's cvs.

Could you give me a hint?

Thanks
Jens

In reply to Jens Gammelgaard

by Petr Skoda -
What did you mean by "... upgraded ... from a remote to local server."?

I guess you have just dumped database and moved it to another server. But you can not change wwwroot because Moodle uses absolute paths. If you want to move data from one server to another, use normal backup/restore. Both book versions must be the same - you can not restore Book backups created with some older versions sad.

skodak
In reply to Petr Skoda

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Picture of Translators

Yes, I can change the wwwroot, I have imported the db to the local invironment and all the other modules work after my local upgrade from 1.44+ to 1.52+ ,- even locally, and even with a little xampp server.

But if you say that the Book Module can't be updated locally - after db import, then it is ok too. Then everyting is fine, which I think it will be since fx. the content pictures in my book, has global urls that fits the remote Moodle, where the navigation buttons in the book has local urls.

Thanks, Petr!

Jens 

In reply to Petr Skoda

by Robert Brenstein -
Where is the 1.5.x version? The contrib downloads show only Book module for 1.4.3.
In reply to Robert Brenstein

by Albert Freriks -
I just downloaded it from the modul page and it´s working fine without having made any changes to it.