Background inmage in HotPot exercices

Background inmage in HotPot exercices

by Marc Paré -
Number of replies: 1
I was wondering (Gordon) if it is possible to add background images to the HotPot exercices and have them show up in the HotPot module v.2? I have tried this but just can't seem to have the background images work. Is there something that I am missing?

BTW, add me to the list of happy HotPot module v.2 users. I have successfully installed the module at:  http://www.frenchasasecondlanguage.org/moodle

Thank you for your fine work and continued support!

Cheers

Marc
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Marc Paré

Re: Background inmage in HotPot exercices

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Marc,
great to hear your upgrade to "HotPot v2" went smoothly.

Now about background images. I haven't tried this myself, but it seems you can add a background image when you are making a Hot Potatoes quiz (Options -> Configure Output, Appearance tag, Background grahphic URL). Perhaps you have already tried this but the graphic does not show up when you administer the quiz via the HotPot module? Probably the URL was a relative URL? In that case I would expect the URL to get translated to an absolute URL and work. However, if you are asking the question, that probably means it doesn't work?

I'm waffling a bit though and guessing too much. Could you give a few more details on what exactly you did? Then I can try and replicate your situation.

cheers smile
-- Gordon