Group Self Selection patch

Group Self Selection patch

by Dan Marsden -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I've just developed a Group self selection patch for the Choice mod. - only works with Moodle 1.5 - the "update" page needs a bit of finishing - it doesn't disable areas of the page correctly when "groupselfselection" is enabled.

to test, apply patch by overwriting your mod/choice folder with the files I have included in the patch. make sure you have groups enabled and you have a few groups in your course - and then create a choice. (you will need to "enable" groupselfselection) - the lang file and extra help files are missing at the moment as well - I'll get round to them sometime tomorrow.

Don't install this on a production site yet! - I'm keen for a few people to test it and give me some feedback before I finalise it....
you can get the patch here:
http://learn.lincoln.ac.nz/moodle/choice.zip

- I have also installed it on the moodleblog demo site, - feel free to use that for testing - http://learn2.lincoln.ac.nz/moodleblog
feel free to create your own accounts & let me know so I can give you a teacher course, - or use the Teacher account:
username:   t1
password:   t1

smile

Dan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Marsden

Re: Group Self Selection patch

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Putting this in the choice module is a bit strange, it really should be part of the groups management ... so please don't add this to 1.6 ....
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

Re: Group Self Selection patch

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

no worries - good point! - I wasn't planning on adding it to cvs, I'll just provide it as a hack untill something is added to the groups management that does a similar job... - we have a few people here that wanted something for next semester - I just liked the idea of using a choice format to do it & wanted to write a quick hack (I thought I could do it quicker with the choice cos I know it better) .... but it would be better suited in the group management.....

my "aims" for 1.6 are: - allowing multiple selection (Bug 3034), auto assign users when choice closes (Bug 2915), and then some work on a "choice block" - unless I get tied up with Blog......

big grin

Dan