Moodle locked up installing a poodll add-on

Moodle locked up installing a poodll add-on

by Tom Connolly -
Number of replies: 4

I have moodle 2.6 installed.  I accidentally tried to install one of the poodll add-ons for 2.5 and moodle has locked up.  I cannot access anything else.  I have tried to install other parts of poodll but to no avail.  I cannot return to the main menu - anywhere.  Just stuck here...I think it is raining cats and dogs...cuz I just stepped in a poodll sad

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tom Connolly

Re: Moodle locked up installing a poodll add-on

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi Tom, did you install it using Moodle's auto install feature, or did you upload it from the zip files? And what add-on was it?

The problem is likely because all the PoodLL plugins depend on the PoodLL Filter. So it is listed as a dependancy. If it is not installed, you can get stuck in limbo, or a pickle or a big poo. Try installing the PoodLL filter and see what happens. Failing that, you might just grit your teeth and delete the plugin in you just installed manually. 

In reply to Justin Hunt

by Tom Connolly -

I think I uploaded the zip file.  I do not know how to manually delete a plugin sad  It was the feedback poodll

In reply to Tom Connolly

by Tom Connolly -

Wow! Just go into the control panel and delete the folder...duh!  It seems to work but if it is not that simple, please let me know.

In reply to Tom Connolly

by Justin Hunt -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Great, and yes its that simple  (to remove a plugin that is not installed yet but giving you dis)