I would like to deactive grade penalty on Jcross exercises when students click on the check button. If possible, can you tell me how to do it please?
Thanks a lot,
- locate "jcross6.js_" on your Moodle site
- open "jcross6.js_" with your favorite text editor
- you may want to download the file to your PC and edit it there
- TextWrangler (Mac)
- Notepad++ (Win)
- locate this line (around line 314)
- replace the above line with the following line
- save the modified "jcross6.js_"
- empty the HotPot module cache on your Moodle site
- Site administration -> Plugins -> Activity modules -> HotPot module
- click "Clear HotPot cache" link
- next time you view a JCross HotPot activity in your Moodle site, you should get the new functionality, i.e. no penalty for clicking the "Check button"
- use of the Hint button and missing or incorrect letters will still incur a penalty
Note that the above instructions will only work if the "Source file" for your JCross HotPot activities is the jcw file.
If you generate html files for your JCross exercises and use those as the "Source file" for your JCross HotPot activities in Moodle, then you will need to locate and modify the "jcross6.js_" file on your PC, then regenerate all the JCross html files from within JCross, and finally load the html files back up to appropriate HotPot activities within Moodle.
Thanks a lot, Gordon! I did it and it worked great. I'm really happy =D I really appreciate your valuable help.