One step registration and enrolment

One step registration and enrolment

by Paul Drayton -
Number of replies: 3

We have a number of low-tech users we want to present with a simple, one step registration and enrolment process.

I want to capture: first name, last name, username, password.

They will use a group enrollment key to be put into the correct course

It would perfect if they had one form to fill out to register and enrol.

I've edited the email self-registration signup form to not require and hide the fields I don't need (city / country / etc)

But I can't get rid of the confirmation email step. 

Using the "no authentication' method takes the user to the edit profile page, so that is too many steps.

Any suggestions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Paul Drayton

Re: One step registration and enrolment

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Paul,

It's not possible to do as you describe, since an email address is required for each account. If you know the prospective users' names, maybe you could create accounts for them and enrol them in the correct course and group using the Upload users functionality.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Paul Drayton -

Thanks Helen.

how about a 2 step process - enter profile fields, then enrol in course (without the confirmation email)

Using "no authentication" takes the user to the profile fields after they sign up, and that is going to be too confusing. IF there was a way to make the "no authentication" go straight to the profile field fill in , that would be fine.

In reply to Paul Drayton

by Paul Drayton -

Ok, so I'm going to try hack it myself.

The plan is to call the confirm.php page with cURL so that moodle confirms the user behind the scenes.

What I don't know is where to put the code to call the confirm page. I'm thinking it should go in signup.php just before

$authplugin->user_signup($user, true); // prints notice and link to login/index.php

How does that sound? Crazy?