Moving enrollees between cohorts

Moving enrollees between cohorts

by Charlie Oliver Ng -
Number of replies: 2

Let's assume I have 500 learners and they are further grouped into teams of 100s. They will need training applicable for all 500 learners and those only applicable to their teams.

I'll create 6 cohorts --- 1 global cohort + 5 organizational cohorts; this should allow me to deploy training needed for all 500 learners and training aimed at individual teams. Individuals can also move between teams (e.g. from Cohort A to Cohort B).

Question: Since they will no longer need updates for Cohort A, how can I un-enroll them from Cohort A without losing their history & scores? I do not want to create another cohort because this will only complicate tracking and reporting.

Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Charlie Oliver Ng

Re: Moving enrollees between cohorts

by Charlie Oliver Ng -

Err, bump?

Does anyone know if this is possible?

In reply to Charlie Oliver Ng

Re: Moving enrollees between cohorts

by Melanie Scott -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Well...if you make sure the user moving cohorts is manually enrolled in the courses they have credit for but the new group does not require, taking them out of one cohort and putting them in the new one wouldn't cause problems...but if you just take them out, they are unenrolled from the course(s). 

Then you would need to manually enroll them and remember to check the box to restore grades, which is tricky.