New theme requesting testing and feedback

Re: New theme requesting testing and feedback

by Richard Oelmann -
Number of replies: 0
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Sparkle is now at beta version on github

https://github.com/roelmann/sparkle

The flexbox layouts have been rewritten completely with fallbacks - although the no-flexbox fallbacks are VERY basic!

Various features and settings pages (mainly based on Julian's excellent work in Essential) have been added, such as the user announcements, frontpage slider, etc.

It's mobile friendly and the login page has been restyled using css only to change the look and feel of that too. It also has a top and bottom block section as well as a 'hidden admin block area'.

Layouts can be set from a settings page, so that the administrator can set pre-main-post, pre-post-main, main-pre-post, side-main, main-side or content-only direct from a settings page for a variety of page layout types (e.g. front-page, course, admin, mydashboard, reports, etc).

Docking still not enabled, which was one of my to-do's but I'm watching Sam's work on that in bootstrapbase with interest, although I'm expecting I may have to over-ride it once I take a good look as I'm using flexbox rather than the bootstrap grids for the layouts (after all, that was the whole point of this experiment!) smile

ToDo

• Docking
  • Styles/colours, font/typescripts
  • Tidy up code
  • Investigate adding awesomebar (responsively)
Attachment screenshot.png