Total Marks incorrect

Total Marks incorrect

by Wayne Prescott -
Number of replies: 3

Hi All,

Using Moodle 2.52 I have a multiple choice question where there are 3 answers to be ticked. I have set the default mark to be 3 points. Each correct answer is set to be 33.333% and each incorrect is marked down by -33.3333%. There are 9 choices in total of which 3 are correct and 6 incorrect. When I look at the quiz total Marks available only seems to count those as 1 mark. The preview shows the question to be worth 1 mark so I guess these question types are the culprits? Anybody noticed a bug in those? Any solution?

Thanks in advance

Wayne

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wayne Prescott

Re: Total Marks incorrect

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Look on the edit quiz page. The question must be set to be marked out of 1 there.

(Default mark is only used when the question is added to the quiz. If you change it later, the mark for that question in existing quizzes is not changed.)

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Wayne Prescott -

Thanks Tim that did the trick, appreciated!

A little strange as I'm sure if I edit a question from a question bank then it updates, but doesn't apply to this 'meta data'.

Thanks again,

Wayne

In reply to Wayne Prescott

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

I can see why it might appear strange. There is a mental model in which it makes sense (e.g. if you know the structure of Moodle's database) but that is not the only possible model, and you are not the first to get confused by this. It is certainly a usability issue to be considered.