Moodle MOOC participant badge - Image does not have any baked in data

Moodle MOOC participant badge - Image does not have any baked in data

by Wen Hao Chuang -
Number of replies: 5

Dear all, how are you doing?

Does anyone else also experience problem to download the "Learn Moodle participant 2013" badge from Moodle MOOC? I tried to use Firefox and Chrome to download the badge from http://learn.moodle.net/badges/badge.php, the "download" button would not work. If I use mouse right click and just download the badge as an image (f1.png), then upload it into backpack.openbadges.org, it will say "Image does not have any baked in data." This seems to be consistent with what this blog has reported.

However, if I go to the http://learn.moodle.net/badges/mybadges.php and click on the "Download all" button, then downloading the .zip file and unzip it. I can then use this unzipped image file (Learn_Moodle_participant_2013_12_Sep_2013_020b8668) to upload into backpack.openbadges.org successfully. Is this a known bug? Should I file a bug report on Moodle bug tracker?

Also, once you have the "Learn Moodle participant" badge on backpack.openbadges.org and setup your moodle.org profile to sync with backpack.openbadges.org, it still doesn't seem to display the badge correctly. Any idea what's wrong and how to fix this? Thanks!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Wen Hao Chuang

Re: Moodle MOOC participant badge - Image does not have any baked in data

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Wen,

I thought that download button not working problem had been reported in the tracker, but I've just had a look and can't find anything. Thus, if you have chance, please create an issue for it.

I'm just going to move this discussion to the badges forum where all the badge experts hang out...

In reply to Helen Foster

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

There was this one, reported by Andrew N  - if this helps: MDLSITE-2342

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Wen Hao Chuang

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

Not that this is the main issue, but just to clarify one point - "If I use mouse right click and just download the badge as an image.. does not have any baked data"

That's correct, that is how it works: he badge you see on that screen is just an image has no meta data in it yet: the data is baked in during the process the download button kicks off. If you got the badge via email, then it should also be fully baked.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Randy Thornton

by Yuliya Bozhko -

Hi Wen,

Randy is right. Metadata is written when badge is downloaded through "Download" button. This is done deliberately to prevent people to right click and download badges displayed by other users.

Yuliya

In reply to Randy Thornton

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

Apologies for my typos - My New Year's resolution will be better proofreading smile