Two Televisions, one Transmitter

Two Televisions, one Transmitter

by Mike Verna -
Number of replies: 5

Does anyone know of a product that will broadcast wireless to two televisions?  We have a classroom where they want the workstation in the center of the room and two screens at either end, we prefer widescreens over projectors.   The instructor wants to be able to broadcast his desktop to both screens.

We looked at a product called VeeBeam, but they say it will only broadcast to one receiver at a time.   It uses a USB transmitter connect to the workstation and a receiver connected to either a TV or projector.  It will work with an HDMI splitter, but that defeats the purpose of wireless.

Does anyone know of a product that can broadcast to two receivers using one transmitter from a workstation.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mike Verna

Re: Two Televisions, one Transmitter

by dawn alderson -

a thought....usb..laptop + usb+ xbox

warm wishes

Dawn

In reply to dawn alderson

by dawn alderson -

p.s. nutshell answer from here...kit that is microsoft compatible...whichever way you choose to use it- me thinks!

warm wishes

Dawn

In reply to dawn alderson

by Mike Verna -

Thank you Dawn.

I have come up with two solutions, neither is ideal.  One is to connect a HDMI splitter to the VeeBeam receiver, and run HDMI cables to the televisions but that defeats the purpose of the wireless.  Since VeeBeam uses WUSB, the transmitter will only pair with one receiver at a time. 

Another one, uses VGA, which will not be HD on the TVs, this will allow multiple receivers.

I am going with the splitter alternative.

In reply to Mike Verna

by dawn alderson -

Understand...to be honest, I couldn't think for the Life of Brian what the context might be (I have found Xbox useful for streaming-sounds daft I know) but all sorted now eh-Monty Python style smile

Seasons Greetings

Dawn 

In reply to Mike Verna

by Scott Karren -

Mike,

I saw your post and thought "I wonder if Chromecast would do this?" After a little digging I came up with this article published shortly after Google introduced their Chromecast dongle  http://www.droid-life.com/2013/07/26/tip-chromecast-can-cast-your-entire-desktop-screen-too-not-just-tabs/ Note:  I have not tested this and have no Idea if it works in reality but here is another option for you to consider and at $35 USD a pop, a fairly inexpensive option at that.

HTH

Scott