mapped feedbacks do not display their questions to students

mapped feedbacks do not display their questions to students

by Joseph Rézeau -
Number of replies: 5
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Andreas,

I have this problem both in moodle 2.5 and 2.6 on my local installations of Moodle.

I create one feedback instance on my site's front page and I "map" it to all courses. I add the feedback block to the courses where I want that feedback instance to be available.

Then I log into one of the courses as student. I click on the feedback name in the feedback block. The front page feedback is displayed, well only it's title, but ... there is no link to Answer the questions...

What am I missing?

If I click the Preview icon, I get the message "Sorry, this activity is currently hidden".

Joseph

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: mapped feedbacks do not display their questions to students

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Did you hide it on the front page?  

by AL Rachels -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Joseph,

I am using the latest git pull of Moodle 2.6 and setting up feedback works just as it should. In fact, I tried to get it to not work by doing away with the topic section where i had the feedback located, and it still took me to the feedback and let me answer questions. I have another feedback in a block on the front page and it lets me go to that one and answer questions also, even though it is hidden. I tried this as admin and as my student account and both worked.

I have a dev site and it works the same way there too. If you would like, I can give you access there as student, teacher, or manager to play with and compare with yours.

HTH,

AL

In reply to AL Rachels

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Thanks for your help, Emma and AL.

Got it, on the Moodle site, for the role 'Authenticated user on frontpage'  the mod/feedback:complete capability must be set to Allow.

That really ought to be mentioned in the Feedback docs, as it is not set by default on a Moodle installation.

Joseph

by Justin Templemore-Finayson -

Hi there,

I've run into the same problem and I am glad to have found a solution. However ... I can't find where to set the capability that you're talking about. Can you supply a link or more detailed info? Thanks, it would be a great help!

Justin