Moodle 1.9 Automated Backup error

Moodle 1.9 Automated Backup error

by Ian Wren -
Number of replies: 5

Hi all, With my automated backup that runs at midnight, I get 83 course that show as an error in the backup report.  Strangely, they all show in the "Time Taken" columns the 1st Jan - 1st Jan.

I made a new test course and copied the files from one of the courses that errors to see if that would work, but it displays the same error as the others.

If I go into the courses individually, they will create a backup into their own moodledata folder.

image of error message found in backup report

I have turned full debugging on, but will have to wait for tonights attempt to get them.  I posted just in case someone could help without them.

Thank you, Ian Wren

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ian Wren

Re: Moodle 1.9 Automated Backup error

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Aren't these courses new courses made today/recently (understand "after latest automated backup") ? If it's the case, it's always shown like that...

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Ian Wren -

Hi Severin, thanks for the reply.  Currently, I run an automatic backup using the external zip to a folder on the servers D drive every night @ midnight.  The same 83 courses each time come back with errors.  See below:-

In reply to Ian Wren

by Séverin Terrier -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

I don't really understand the link between your two screenshots... as you don't show same courses, nor a mix with backed up courses and courses with errors.

So, it seems it's not new courses, but existing ones. Still some questions, depending on your Moodle automated backup settings : have these courses been modified recently ?

Being on 1.9, you can also click on each course name to see details about the backup...

Séverin

In reply to Séverin Terrier

by Ian Wren -

Hi, The reason for the 2 screenshots was to show the difference between a good course backup and the errors on courses from the same backup report, particularly the "1st Jan to 1st Jan" in the time taken columns.

Also, the first screenshot shows the "7E3 Miss Haugh" test course that I created to see if the backup was affecting new course as well as older ones.

I'm in the process of setting up Moodle 2 but wanted to see a correct backup before going any further.

In reply to Ian Wren

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

It has been a long time since I was on 1.9 but obviously something is stopping them from running.  When I have had this issue in later versions, truncating the backup controllers table has allowed them to run again.

You can always manually start the process by going to yoursite/admin/cron.php and see what errors come up.  I suspect it might be that they hung at one point and Moodle might think they are still running - I know this was an issue in 2.0 or 2.1, not sure about 1.9.  You really should think about upgrading.