The dropdown editing 2.6+ does not work

The dropdown editing 2.6+ does not work

by Ángel Ayllón -
Number of replies: 4

We recently updated to version 2.6 from 2.5.3 last week; the last update 2.6 dated 13 December. Some users have reported to us that the issue of recourses and activities with the dropdown labeled "edit" it does not work. After investigating the problem we solved the error was in the file lib / yui / build / core-ActionMenu-moodle / moodle-core-ActionMenu-min.js
 in the "toggle-display textmenu" class after the last update. The problem occurs when the teacher hidden or collapsed blocks within a course, at which point the drop stops working.

As an interim measure indicated to the user to show or block descolapsar and refresh page. We have also turned back the file mentioned (only this file) but we are confused because on some platforms with the same server and software works but not in others. We also tested with IE8 and IE11 works but not in safari, opera, chrome or firefox.

Thanks in advance for any response.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ángel Ayllón

Re: The dropdown editing 2.6+ does not work

by Doug Baleshta -

We are also experiencing a similar problem.  It works for some teachers and not for others.  I've tested this with Chrome and Firefox for one instructor and even though he added an item successfully, he could not edit it, nor could I with his credentials.  And yet with another teacher account, I get the drop-down.  I tried this in both Firefox and Chrome and confirmed the above.

D.

In reply to Doug Baleshta

by Doug Baleshta -

I found a temporary fix.  It is related to having the navigation and Administration functions docked on the upper left and collapsed.  If you undock them and place them back into the body of the course, the editing functions work again.

D.

In reply to Doug Baleshta

by Damyon Wiese -
Thanks Doug, this has been reported in the tracker here: https://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-43410. A fix should be released (hopefully) by the end of next week.
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Chris Chapman -

Yep all fixed in the latest release of 2.6 (24th December onwards) wink

top job as always @andrewnicols