"Print screen / copy page" Protection

Re: "Print screen / copy page" Protection

by Przemek Kaszubski -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers

I think you might want to give the Safe Exam Browser a try - http://docs.moodle.org/26/en/Safe_exam_browser .

At the very least you might want to turn on Browser security in the Extra restrictions on attempts section of the quiz administration settings. Double check though if a quiz navigates correctly with the browser security on - on Moodle 1.9 we had issues with the scroll wheel on the mouse etc in quizzes with multiple questions on one page - only up and down arrows worked after first clicking on some white space on the quiz page.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Przemek Kaszubski

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

So, you are asking your users to download a specific, crippled browser and then restrict them to only using that. 

Are you *sure* that you want to do that?

Even then, I expect it's not very difficult to get around. That's *if* the information is worth copying. 

In reply to Howard Miller

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Well yes. In a traditional exam, we cripple students by putting them in a room with someone supervising them, remove all reference materials, and any technology better than a pen, pencil and ruler, and expect that to be a valid measure of their abilities (or at least a measure of their abilities where it is hard to cheat).

Giving them a laptop and a crippled browser is a step in the right direction. There are educational scenarios where it is the least evil option.

(I wonder if Howard will come to Mahmoud's and my MoodleMoot talk in Edinburgh? wink)