New Error Message

New Error Message

by Scott Chillemi -
Number of replies: 2

I've got Moodle version 2.5.2.  I haven't connected to my site in several days.  Today I tried to connect I got the message, "Error reading from database", on my home page.  When I went to my URL/admin I was able to login in and there and when I did I received the following message, "Coding error detected, it must be fixed by a programmer: moodle_database::update_record_raw() id field must be specified."

I haven't changed anything on my site recently.  Any ideas on what could cause this?  I'm going to check with my provider.

What a pain...

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Chillemi

Re: New Error Message

by Ken Task -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

Sounds like a disk might be full (where the DB files reside).   Well, we have the version of Moodle, but .... remotely hosted?  If so provider.  VPS system or shared?   Operating system? ... lots of things to provide if one expects any fairly accurate response. 

However, can begin with checking apache (assuming you run apache - not disclosed) error logs and MySQL (assuming you run MySQL - again not disclosed) logs as well.

Can you run: http://yoursite/admin/cron.php from a browser?

'spirit of sharing'. Ken

In reply to Ken Task

Re: New Error Message

by Scott Chillemi -

Ken,

Thank you for your help.  It is remotely hosted by Lunarpages.  I emailed their support team and described the problem.  Now it is fixed, but they didn't tell me what they did.  I went to Control Panel and looked for my sites maximum disk size and they say it is infinite - that doesn't seem likely.  Anyway, if I learn anything else then I'll post it.

Scott