Answer order in Lesson questions 2.5

Answer order in Lesson questions 2.5

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

It seems like at some point I'd found information that the first answer for Lesson questions should always be the correct answer and that if the first answer wasn't the correct one problems could occur.  That was back when I used 1.9.  Now I'm running 2.5 and things have changed...I've been looking for documentation to make sure what I tell our staff is correct and can't find anything about this.  I have a lot of people creating content in Moodle and some require very specific instructions.

So...the question.  Am I imagining things or does the answer order matter for the Lesson module?  If I'm not imaging things, has there been any change between 1.9 and 2.5 or should the right answer still be first?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melanie Scott

Re: Answer order in Lesson questions 2.5

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

@Melanie,

Unfortunately you do not say which question type you are talking about. Let's assume you are talking about the MCQ (multiple choice question) type.

I really do not understand the meaning of your question, and things have not changed between 1.9 and 2.x Moodle versions. In the Lesson activity, what determines the correctness or incorrectness of an answer is not its "order", but the Jump page that you assign to it. As in the following example.

which one is an animal?

Multichoice
Answer 1: the bus
Response 1 wrong answer
Score 0
Jump This page
Answer 2: the cat
Response 2 correct!
Score 1
Jump Next page
Answer 3: the computer
Response 3 no way!