Move question number/flag block

Move question number/flag block

by Ben Smith -
Number of replies: 8

Using Moodle 2.6+, Essential Theme.

At the risk of overextending my welcome here on the forums (thanks for all your help Mary Evans!), I have another theme mod question.  I'd like to move the question number/flag block under the navigation block in my quizzes (change from first screenshot to second).  I suppose that would mean moving some code from column 2 to column 1.  I have tried enabling block editing and dragging it where I want it, but this must be one of the so-called "fake" blocks that won't budge.  If I cannot move this block I guess I'd settle for hiding it, but I like the flag functionality.  

Suggestions?

originalneeded

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ben Smith

Re: Move question number/flag block

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Without dissecting the code I am not sure the 'Flag section' is a block, but it can be moved using CSS...at least I think so.

Can you give me some time to check this out?

In reply to Mary Evans

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

This area has been discussed (sort of) before, please see: https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=237589.

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Ben Smith -

Thanks for the link, yeah I have already looked through that code and couldn't decipher it.  I was able to add that code to my custom CSS, moving the question flag block above the image but that doesn't work well for my quiz.  

In reply to Ben Smith

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I was racking my brain knowing that this had been discussed before. So glad Gareth remembered.

I'm going to try something to see if it will work.

In reply to Ben Smith

by Mary Evans -

Hi Ben unfortunately there is nothing you can do with that flag section, short of making it an image only tab at the side where it is now but only half the size. If you are using Essential, which I think you are, then you could use FontAwesome for the icons, that would perhaps make look better. May be even make it look as though it is part of the quiz attempt area rather than the un-cool block like element it is at the moment?

Just some thoughts

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Ben Smith -

Oh well.

I was under the impression that font awesome icons were used by default for this theme...

In reply to Ben Smith

by Mary Evans -

They possibly are awesome font icons already I have not checked, but I was thinking of bigger icons, like the social media ones. These could be shunted to the far right and sit on the edge of the browser window like tabs or a floating section even that sits at the foot of the window. All just possibilities at the moment. I'm just thinking outside the box.

It all depends on what each individual school/collage prefers I guess, but the more options the better. I'm curious to see if this idea would work, that's all.