Configurable Reports for Moodle 2.6 and new features

Re: Configurable Reports for Moodle 2.6 and new features

by Peter Bowen -
Number of replies: 3

Hi Juan,

Great new features - I particularly find csv immediately useful (Ability to run a report and upload the results straight into users), as well as the Global reports. (I had about 5 reports previously duplicated across 15 courses, with more requests coming all the time).

I have a couple of issues.

1. I have a report set to run via the CRON, and the settings set to run at 5am each day. However, when I run the report, it runs the queriy new. (I know because it takes a few minutes to run). Unfortunately the documentation on using the CRON reports is not done - so is there a trick to setting it up?
  2. When Java script ordering is on, it appears to put a second heading column over the first one, which is a different size. (As per the below image)

Any ideas on these two?

CheersPeter

In reply to Peter Bowen

by Tristan Pease -

I have a related question: is it possible to view the previous export of a report in the block without prompting it to run? I have some very time consuming reports that are hanging my server and I'd love to resolve that.

In reply to Tristan Pease

by Emma Richardson -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Just download it to Excel...

In reply to Emma Richardson

by Tristan Pease -

Well, yes, but to download it you need to first view it, and then the report runs and you end up with a 504. Unless there's a way to access a cached report without it running automatically?