Answers highlighted in quiz attempt

Answers highlighted in quiz attempt

by Night Owl -
Number of replies: 7

One of our teachers created a quiz, and the correct answers are highlighted in green while the student is taking the quiz. I've searched and found a lot of responses about the answers being highlighted in the review, but how can I turn this off during the quiz?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Night Owl

Re: Answers highlighted in quiz attempt

by Night Owl -

A little more info....for each question, the right answer and one wrong answer is highlighted. This is on the first attempt.

In reply to Night Owl

by Floyd Saner -

Deirdre,

In the quiz settings, be certain the Review Options are not selected for 'During the attempt'.  See image below.

Also be certain to select 'Deferred feedback' in Question Behavior.

Default quiz settings can be set in the system admin panel: Site administration ... Plugins ... Activity modules ... Quiz

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Night Owl -

Thank you for the response, Floyd! The only setting for "During the attempt" checked is "The attempt", and the question behavior is "deferred feedback".  We have created many quizzes and never had this happen.  I'm wondering if the quiz just has a bug? On the first attempt, on some questions only the correct answer is highlighted green, and on other questions, it highlights 2 options. It is a very long quiz, so I hope we don't have to recreate it! =)

In reply to Night Owl

by Floyd Saner -

Well, Deirdre, this is puzzling.  My first inclination is not to assume it is a code bug, otherwise the help forum would be burning with questions and comments. Plus this has worked correctly for you in previous quizzes. Questions I would begin with are:

1. Have any changes or updates been made to your Moodle installation recently?  If I recall correctly, your Moodle site is provided by a student information system provider.  Did they make any changes?
  2. Was the quiz created using the Moodle quiz creation tool, or created with an external program (e.g. Respondus) and uploaded into Moodle, or taken from a publisher's test bank?
  3. Is the display of correct/incorrect answers consistent for all students?
  4. Is the display of correct/incorrect answers consistent for all questions?
  5. Have you added any plugins or question types recently?
  6. What happens if you create another quiz and use the same questions from the question bank?

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Night Owl -

Here is a screen shot of the settings when I click "Preview" on one of the questions.  It shows the question as not answered yet, but it has a green highlight on the correct answer.

Attachment question1.JPG
In reply to Night Owl

by Floyd Saner -

Deirdre,

From your screenshot it appears to be a text formatting issue.  Go into the question editor and see if the answer text was formatted with a color.

Floyd

In reply to Floyd Saner

by Night Owl -

I don't see any formatting applied to the answers...the only difference is that the one that is the answer has 100% as the grade.