The argument for Moodle and open source in corporate and other non-academic environments

The argument for Moodle and open source in corporate and other non-academic environments

by Mark Lee -
Number of replies: 1
Hi,

Not sure if this is the correct place to be posting this, so my apologies in advance...

I am an academic/researcher particularly interested in the use of Moodle and other open source products as part of an effective organisational learning strategy in the corporate world, as well as in other non-academic (e.g. government, military) settings. Along with this goes the advantages and disadvantages (although most of us here, including myself, feel the former far outweighs the latter!), as well as the factors influencing the uptake and successful implementation and use of these tools/systems, leading to the development of best practice.

I would be most grateful if anyone could point me in the direction of relevant literature and/or case studies to this end.

Thank you very much in advance!

Kind regards

Mark Lee

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mark Lee

Re: The argument for Moodle and open source in corporate and other non-academic environments

by Mark Berthelemy -
Hi Mark,

I'm working within the corporate learning context and would argue that it's not so much a matter of open-source or not open-source. It's more a case of fitness for purpose. But then open-source products are easier to make fit for purpose because you can adapt them.

You might find some links from my blog useful. Here's a starting point that picks up all the links I've categorised under "Context, Management & Implementation": http://www.berthelemy-family.org.uk/blogs/index.php?blog=5&cat=29

Cheers,

Mark