Video/audio one-on-one tutorials

Video/audio one-on-one tutorials

by Scott Ewen -
Number of replies: 1

Hi everyone,

I apologize if there is already a discussion forum on this. I just ran across Moodle this morning and only did a quick search of the forums.

My Question: has any one worked with video/audio for training. We are currently trying to put together a web site to tutor/teach the disabled. We were hoping to get disabled students to register, create a profile and then wait in a queue/lobby for a tutor to become available (they would be given information on how long the wait would be). Once a tutor becomes available they would choose the top person in the queue and they would start a one-on-one tutoring session. Video is between the tutor and student is imperative , audio not so much (probably a Talk button), and IM/text messaging only to get over rough spots in the tutoring.  We don't want a video chat room exactly, but we want that capability.

We have looked at Macromedia Flash Communication Server, Flash Remoting and FlashMX (client) as a solution.  The Tools were pretty flexible, but we were getting some lag time in the audio so we started to look around again.  Canfrog has a Video Server that they sell and sees great, but there is a BIG expense and it isn't very "Open" to modifying.  Any real time video capabilities with Moodle (or other Open Source addons?  I thought maybe I could use Moodle to do some of the administration aspects.

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Scott Ewen

Re: Video/audio one-on-one tutorials

by Andrea Bicciolo -
Take a look here: http://www.convoq.com. Not very expensive and allows the use of lifelines, where the first person available in the lifeline is connected to the person who ask the connection. The integration in Moodle is seamless.