New geographical map API

New geographical map API

by Dave Balch -
Number of replies: 5

Hi,

I'm not sure is this qualifies as a major new feature, but this seems like the place to solicit feedback so...

Comments and suggestions welcome.

Cheers,Dave.

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Dave Balch

Re: New geographical map API

by Dave Balch -

With many thanks to Aparup Banerjee for approving them, the plugins are now available:

In reply to Dave Balch

by Marcos Accioly -

Hey Dave... I know this is pretty old, but...

I've tried the functionality in the example site (http://dbtest.conted.ox.ac.uk/moodlemaps/mod/data/edit.php?d=10) and found it very hard to identify my current location. Shouldn't there be an option for getting my current place (with a rough approximation)?

Sorry if this is not the correct place to discuss this of if it is so old that it makes no sense at all.

In reply to Marcos Accioly

by Dave Balch -

Hi Marcos,

Thanks for your interest! This forum is definitely the right place for this discussion smile

I think you're probably thinking of geolocation - I would like to make it easier to get the user's current location by using this, but unfortunately don't have time to work on it at the moment.

In the meantime, the way to get your current location is by manually panning the map and zooming in using the + button, and clicking on the map when you can see your location.

HTH,
Dave.
In reply to Dave Balch

by Marcos Accioly -

Thanks, Dave. I'm still trying to figure out how I can help, but I'll try to improve the plugin later by adding geolocation to it. Is there a repo for the plugin from which I could fork?

Thanks for the awesomely quick answer in a one-year-old thread!