Urgent help needed in Essential theme

Urgent help needed in Essential theme

by Aditya Dubay -
Number of replies: 8

Hi,

Essential is very nice theme but I need to fix one thing in it. When it shows course title it break it in two rows as it uses on 40% of its area.

It look very odd and I wish to set it 100%.

This 40% I seached from firebug but unable to find it on code.

please plase plase plase help me.

Regards

Aditya

Attachment essentialcourses.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Aditya Dubay

Re: Urgent help needed in Essential theme

by Bas van Kollenburg -

what is the Url?

I had something like did and it was a position of a block (hidden) what is  messed up

In reply to Aditya Dubay

by Gareth J Barnard -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers

Hi,

I just tried to replicate and the issue is not in Essential 2.6.2 (Build: 20131205).

Cheers,

Gareth

In reply to Gareth J Barnard

by Usman Asar -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

its Moodle 2.5 with Essential 2.6, as with Essential 2.6.1 and Moodle 2.6, the issue is something else which I did wished to be solved and Mary did tried, but it still remains there.

In reply to Aditya Dubay

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Try adding this CSS rule to the Custom CSS box in your Essential theme General setting, remember you will also need to enable Theme Designer Mode first.

.coursebox > .info > .name {width: auto; float: left}

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Aditya Dubay

by Bas van Kollenburg -

what is the Url? 

In reply to Bas van Kollenburg

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

It is nothing to do with blocks this is simply a CSS setting that only allows the course heading to display at 40% of the normal width allocated to a header.

It was changed in 2.6 but remains the same in 2.5. I was trying to change it but failed in my attempt.

I may as well reopen the tracker and fix it in 2.5.

In reply to Mary Evans

by Mary Evans -

I have just submitted a patch to improve the look of that heading in MDL-43258 so if you want it to happen you better VOTE for it!

The fix I added is...

.coursebox > .info > .name {width: auto; float: left}

Thanks and Good Night