Game Module 2.5 Snakes and Ladders User Defined Background Settings

Game Module 2.5 Snakes and Ladders User Defined Background Settings

by Melanie Scott -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers

I don't use the game module much but I'm trying to provide instructions for how to set it up if the builder wants to use the User Defined Background for the 2.5 version of Snakes and Ladders. I had some reasonably good instructions for the 1.9 module but there are some new things that I don't know how to explain.

I generally understand the concept of the snakes/ladders positions and columns/rows...this lets you create larger boards, if you like, I suppose, and define the number of columns and rows...like 10X10, with 5 of each.  But what are the Space at up left and right and Space at bottom left and right? I'm looking at the defaults for the 8X8 and it looks like it's supposed to be 4 for each one, which matches the number of snakes/ladders.  Is it really that simple or is there something more?

I'm also looking at the height/width options, which are available whether you are using the user defined option or not.  But with the 8X8 and 6X6 options, they empty out when you save.  Are they supposed to grey out like the cols, rows, space fields do when User defined isn't selected?

Many of the modules in Moodle have general settings information available but I don't find anything here on settings and there isn't much in the help options either.  Maybe the settings are really obvious to everyone else and I'm just missing something...But it might be nice to have some documentation how-to for those of us who are special-ed with the games module.

That said, I'd be willing to provide my directions for each game (they're all mostly the same now) moodle docs if anyone wants them but I need to be able to finish them.

Also, the module has a spelling error in "Space at bootom left."

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Melanie Scott

Re: Game Module 2.5 Snakes and Ladders User Defined Background Settings

by Melanie Scott -

Is this module no longer supported?  I noticed no replies to many of the posts in the last 6 months and not a lot of anwers.

In reply to Melanie Scott

by Vasilis Daloukas -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Space at up left, space at up right, Space at botom left, Space at bootom right are in pixels.

Is a space around the board.

I give you an example for the 8X8 board and for parameters "Space at up left" (1) and "Space at up top" (2)

Attachment fidaki2.jpg
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Vasilis Daloukas

by Melanie Scott -

THAT makes sense.  Thank you so much!