Slowly going mad.... hidden scores!?!?

Slowly going mad.... hidden scores!?!?

by Gideon Williams -
Number of replies: 9

Asked student to go and look at the results for the end of topic Quiz in their gradebook to be met with howls of "the Quiz is not there sir..."

After hours of searching and by accidentally clicking on the editing button of the grader report I find that somehow every Assessment entry has been hidden:

Students could see their score when they review the quiz and by clicking on the Quiz but cannot see it in their gradebook.

Clearly I have pressed some button somewhere but how on earth do I "unpress" it. The thought of manually unhiding 200+ entries is enough to make me pull what little hair out I have remaining.

The Quiz itself has a password (it is a test). Students get 1 go. There is no start or finish dates. The Review is Deferred Feedback and there is no restricted access in place.

Might anyone come to my rescue with a solution or some advice so I don't do it again?

Many thanks

Gideon

In reply to Gideon Williams

Re: Slowly going mad.... hidden scores!?!?

by Matthew Sauvage -

Moodle has the habit of creating that feeling! I see you know how to get to the gradebook (Course administration - grades). Instead of the main gradebook go to the "Categories and Items", "Simple view" (depending on your version and configuration/preference settings this will be in a dropdown at top left of gradebook page or in one of the tabs across the top of the gradebook). Find the row that corresponds to your quiz and scan across to the "Actions" column for that row. You should see the eye crossed out there, meaning that the results for that gradebook entry are hidden. Click on the eye to reveal results for that activity. All students should then see their grade for that activity.

In reply to Matthew Sauvage

by Edwinna Lucyk -

Hidden grades is a problem at my school as well.  It seems to happen intermittently. We are using MOODLE 2.3.5.

Even though the eye icon for a particular assignment may be open, the students cannot see the grades.  I have used the following as a way around this problem until it is fixed.

• Click Categories and Items tab
  • Click the eye icon next to the particular assignment to CLOSE it EVEN THOUGH this is counter intuitive.
  • Click SAVE
  • Click the eye icon next to the particular assignment to OPEN it.
  • Click Save

The students should be able to see the grades for the assignment now.

There have been times when an average is also hidden even though the eye icon is open.  I have used this work around successfully in those cases and tried it for the assignments now that the hidden problem is happening with assignments.  It worked for me.  I hope this helps.

Edwinna

In reply to Edwinna Lucyk

by Gideon Williams -

Many thanks Edwinna but sadly there is no "eye" icon by the Assessment (see pic in response below)...

In reply to Matthew Sauvage

by Gideon Williams -

Many thanks Matthew. Sadly there is no eye icon by the exam entry....!!! :O)

by Marty Soupcoff -

This is a quiz so your Review Options may be the cause for the hide icon. You mention that there are no start/end dates. My guess is you have Marks checked in the Immediately after the attempt section but have it unchecked in the Later, while the quiz is still open and After the quiz is closed sections. Can you take a screenshot of the Review options section located at the bottom of the quiz's settings page?

Happy Moodle Logooodling!

In reply to Marty Soupcoff

by Gideon Williams -

Hi Marty, here is what it says:

by Marty Soupcoff -

Looks like you have everything correct. May be a bug then because this forum looks to be reporting something similar. Looks to be in larger courses mostly. Sorry I couldn't help more.

Happy Moodle Logooodling!