missing legacy files upgrade 1.9 -2.0 -HELP!!!

missing legacy files upgrade 1.9 -2.0 -HELP!!!

by Jayne Hepburn -
Number of replies: 3

I am doing a major upgrade from 1.9-2.6. I managed to upgrade to 2.6 with a few resolved issues along the way however I need help regarding my course files. In all my courses the Legacy Course files folder is empty. When I click on a doc I get the following message:

This legacy resource type (file) was not yet migrated, sorry.

Has anyone any advice please????? I have all the necessary legacy files enables in the plugins administration. We are a sixth form college with an established moodle site with approx 1000 users and over 600 courses.

Thanks in advance

Jayne

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jayne Hepburn

Re: missing legacy files upgrade 1.9 -2.0 -HELP!!!

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Almost certainly - an upgrade has failed at some point (unfortunately at the 1.9 to 2.x stage likely) and you have not restored the original site properly. It's easy to do (I have done it myself) - if you restore the database from a backup but not the files area (moodledata) it can be stuck halfway through upgrading. The upgrade will finish but a lot of your files will be lost. 

The only answer is to restore your 1.9 site from backups *completely* and try again. If you get problems don't forget to completely restore BOTH the database and the moodledata area before trying again. 

To take a different approach... I would think hard about doing the upgrade at all. Consider starting with a fresh 2.6. I know a lot of users who have done this and been happier in the end. You can use drag-and-drop to sell the idea smile

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Howard Miller

by Jayne Hepburn -

HI Howard

Thanks I started from stratch again and all working!!!! Now embarking on customising a new theme - bit lost atm as the themes are very different.

Thanks again for your advice

Regards

Jayne

In reply to Jayne Hepburn

by Howard Miller -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Check out the themes forum. They're very helpful over there smile