Legacy files created in 2.6 restore

Legacy files created in 2.6 restore

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 1

There is a setting "Legacy course files in new courses" which I have left OFF.

The comment is "By default legacy course files areas are available only in upgraded courses. Please note some features like single activity backup/restore are not compatible with this settings"

I have just restored a course from a 2.4 site into 2.6 and find there are legacy files, which i don't want.

What exactly does this comment mean?

-Derek

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: Legacy files created in 2.6 restore

by Randy Thornton -
Picture of Documentation writers

It means when you create a new course, should the repository type Legacy files be present in the new course? The default for Moodle 2 is no. This setting is essentially a course default setting.

The Legacy files repository is only present by default in courses upgraded from from Moodle 1.9, since they all had a Course files area which is translated into the Legacy files repository after the upgrade to 2. You could manually add Legacy files to any Moodle 2 course if you want, provided it has been enabled in Site admin > Plugins > Repositories - but don't.

Since you are restoring a course, Restore will abide by what was in the original course settings and content.

So, either your 2.4 course had a Legacy files repository in it and Restore did the proper thing, or your 2.4 course did not have Legacy files and Restore made a mistake and you've found a bug.

Average of ratings: Useful (1)