Mime-Type Error

Mime-Type Error

by Neel Shearer -
Number of replies: 1
Hi Folks,

I hope someone can throw some light on this, but I am having trouble with viewing resources I have previously uploaded to my moodle site.

The server is Mac OS X, running Webstar, and I have moodle version 1.4.3+ with PHP Version 4.3.7

When I click on the resource, all I get is raw code displayed - there is no option to save the file to disk, or to view it. This seems to happen with PDF's, word and powerpoints (maybe other types too - haven't tried others). The only way round it I can find is to place my resource on my website, and have moodle point at it via html.

This isn't very good as I want other Teachers to be able to upload resources, but I don't want them to have access to the website files (and it will complicate things too much).

Anyone know what's going on? thoughtful

I get a header line at the top of the resource before it breaks into raw code saying something like

Pragma: Content-disposition: inline; filename=AccessStratTheLaw.ppt Content-length: 201728 Content-type: application/vnd.ms-powerpoint

which I can see has been parsed by mimetypes.php. But why won't it display? mixed
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Neel Shearer

Re: Mime-Type Error

by Neel Shearer -
Gave up fighting on this one and switched my moodle site to run from Apache to fix the problem - I even get gd_lib support thrown in as well! Fantastic big grin