Student experience of moodle - please add your feedback

Re: Student experience of moodle - please add your feedback

by dawn alderson -
Number of replies: 0

Derek, as per look forward to your response.

Stuart, hi

I just couldn't leave this bright orange carrot alone! As with all posts that attract my attention, this one raises an initial question in my mind...you have got me thinking in response to question 2.

I shall begin with the following scenario: Potential student here...

-seen the course details, in the initial format, (due to the detail broken down with the annotated images-that grabbed me, so no need to read alternatives here, twas crystal clear)...bought into the concepts and ideas-liked the flavour of the logic and rationale...20% interest in the bag

-have wondered about the key questions raised and would like to learn/know more..another 20% interest factored in

-Am aware there will be an assessment of sorts at the end-doesn't sound too onerous-additional 10% here

It may be my way of seeing/interpreting things here but I would anticipate as a learner, at least 50% input from me during the course.  My question then: 'What is your expectation of the learner in order for her/him to actively engage with the course? '  In other words, what exactly would I have to 'do' to reach for the learning outcomes 'during' the six weeks? 

You see, my thinking is- if students do not have this info beforehand then there is a higher chance of drop out, and/or engagement that involves tootlin along to get to the end of the six weeks-with no real sense of purpose/reflective activity.

cheers,

Dawn