Dimensions???

Dimensions???

by Annette Knobloch -
Number of replies: 1

Please clarify the way David uses the word Dimensions. In Moodle workshop, for a submission, I see Aspects. For example, in my Workshop, there are two Aspects. However, the grade for Workshop has two components, Submission and Assessment. I would like verification that what I am seeing in posts and Moodle docs as 'dimensions' refer to what I see in Moodle when setting up Workshop, as 'Aspects'.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Annette Knobloch

Re: Dimensions???

by David Mudrák -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
In your case, aspects are dimensions. If you had an assessment form consisting of five aspects, the code would see each filled form as a five-dimensional assessment. "Dimension" is a general term, terms like "aspects", "assertions", "criteria" etc are how each grading strategy interprets and displays dimensions.

This is something completely different from those two columns "submission" and "assessment". These are two grade items created in the course gradebook for each workshop.

p.s. It might help if someone else in this forum tries to describe these differences as I can hardly explain it in other words than I already did in the docs.