Dataform compatible with 2.6

Dataform compatible with 2.6

by Jay Regan -
Number of replies: 8

Is Dataform compatible with Moodle 2.6?

Sorry if I have overlooked anything, but I could not find any documentation about this?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jay Regan

Re: Dataform compatible with 2.6

by Itamar Tzadok -

The current version has a couple of issues with 2.6 but can be adjusted if there is interest. The next version is underway and supports 2.6 and 2.7. It is expected to be released Jan 2014. smile

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

by Jay Regan -

Thanks for the quick response, I will wait until January to further explore this.

by Martyn Colliver -

Are you able to expand as to what the issues are with 2.6 ??

Was looking to upgrade but will hold back if some of the issues are awkward.

Thanks

In reply to Martyn Colliver

by Itamar Tzadok -

The main issue is the names of internal dataformfield subplugins. They begin with '_' which confuses the plugins manager in 2.6. The adjustment requires changing folder and file names for these subplugins and adjusting corresponding references in the Dataform code.

The other issue is a debugging message due to new common module constructs that need to be added. It has no effect on production.

Another possible issue is with user full name as 2.6 introduces additional user name fields. I'm not sure what the impact is. It it may be just a matter of debugging message.

I haven't thoroughly tested the current version of the Dataform on 2.6, though.

smile

by James Nordman -

Is there any movement on this issue? 

Using 2.6.1, I am trying to setup rules to send an email to Authors from Manager upon entry approval/disapproval and this module will not send the messages.

In reply to James Nordman

by Itamar Tzadok -

As a matter of fact there is a lot of movement on this. So much so that in the new version there is no longer entry approval/disapproval, but rather entry state which allows you to set any number of entry states, state transitions, state update permissions and state notifications (by role) in the field configuration. Approval/Disapproval is just a special case with 2 states one of which is the initial state. See illustration below.

In the entry it is possible to display the flow of states with current state highlighted and other states clickable according to permissions and transition settings, for instance:

Submitted -> Under Review -> Approved -> Published

Then there are access rules with which you can set entry access control (view,add,update,delete) for entries in designated states (or more generally entries that have a certain content). For instance, prevent update of entries in state Approved.

And there are also notification rules for custom notifications.

The "bad" news is that porting old dataforms to the new version may lose some settings and/or data. The good news is that the new version is definitely worth it.

When? ASAP ...

In the current version, unfortunately, the notification rules interface is just a place holder and the rules don't work.

smile

Entry state field configuration:

by Martyn Colliver -

This looks really good and has more of the functionality that we are looking for (ability to have entry states etc )

Any news when it might be available - or any chance of having access to some alpha/beta code so that we can play with it on our development serversmile

Thanks.

In reply to Martyn Colliver

by Itamar Tzadok -

The first code release will be as soon as documentation and acceptance tests are completed. Target date before the end of March. In the meantime you can review the documentation at the Dataform module docs to get a sense of what's cooking. smile