How to Export A Lesson

How to Export A Lesson

by David Bergdorf -
Number of replies: 6

I need to know if there is a way to export lessons created in moodle out to another format. If there is, what formats are supported with Moodle. Any information on 2.6 would be great. Thank you 

Average of ratings: -
In reply to David Bergdorf

Re: How to Export A Lesson

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

HI David,

Are you actually talking about the Moodle Lesson activity, which has its own forum here?

Or are you using the term "Lesson" in a more general sense of "course", etc.

Whichever you mean, the answer is "No", you cannot export Moodle "lessons" to another format. Which "other format" do you have in mind?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

If you are meaning a whole course, then some parts of a Moodle course can be exported as IMS common cartridge format. See  http://docs.moodle.org/en/IMS_Common_Cartridge_import_and_export

Average of ratings: Useful (2)
In reply to Mary Cooch

by David Bergdorf -

I am referring to a lesson as if a teacher inputted a test, homework, presentation slides, examples, etc. Whatever a teacher would put into moodle, I would like to know if their is a way to export it out or "pull" something directly from moodle and, if so, what that format is when it comes out. 

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Then my previous answer applies - to an extent.

In reply to Mary Cooch

by David Bergdorf -

Can you maybe explain some of these things that can be exported? I know a forum, quiz and even a url, but what's a "label", "IMS LTI activity" and "page resource"?

by Mary Cooch -

Hi there. The documentation explains what each of the Moodle resources and activities are. If you go to this page Activities or this one Resources and click the name of an item you don't understand (like label) it will give you an explanation.