Groups booking into a slot for 1 student.

Re: Groups booking into a slot for 1 student.

by Henning Bostelmann -
Number of replies: 1
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Yes, maybe this can be reviewed in a future version. At the moment, the group scheduling in Scheduler is triggered only by the "Group mode" setting of the activity. Maybe that's an "abuse" of the group feature... just as well as using "one group per grouping" to restrict access to only one group is in a sense an abuse of the group feature (cf. MDL-42979, MDL-20944).

However, my feeling is that this would involve quite a bit of changes in the code. One might also think of controlling the facility to schedule "for a group" with a capability, so that one could allow only certain students to schedule an appointment for their group.

In reply to Henning Bostelmann

Re: Groups booking into a slot for 1 student.

by Emma Duke-Williams -

Having now seen the interface that students get to see - and how close the "save my choice" button & check box for booking the group are to each other, I can see why students get confused. 

If it's too hard to implement the ability to allow the override on a single instance of a scheduler, would it be possible to sort out the formatting, so that the button & check box are so far apart that it's much harder to inadvertently get the wrong one?