Maps for the latlong field

Maps for the latlong field

ni Dave Balch -
Number of replies: 4

Hi,

I've a branch of master that adds a geographical map API (MDL-42522), and adapts the latlong field to use it, displaying maps on-page instead of links to external map sites.

See it in action at:

Code available at: https://github.com/Dave-B/moodle/tree/master-maps

I'd like to get this merged into core eventually, but it needs some tidying up first.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dave Balch

Re: Maps for the latlong field

ni Itamar Tzadok -

If you make it a database field type plugin (datafield) it can be readily available to the community even before it is integrated into core and you can get valuable feedback. ngiti

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

ni Dave Balch -

Yeah, I was thinking about doing that, but just started with the github links as it's a bit convoluted; It'll need a local plugin for the maps, the latlong modifications (which I'll provide as a new field plugin), and a preset.

I'll post an update when they're available...

In reply to Itamar Tzadok

ni Dave Balch -

I've created plugins for this, for anyone who doesn't get on with GitHub. I think it's easier to use GitHub, as there are three plugins required:

That said, making the plugins was a useful exercise, as it made me do more testing and make more improvements ngiti

In reply to Dave Balch

ni Darren LaRue -

Hi Dave,

Do you have an active site where I could view this plugin in action?  The links give above no longer work.

Thank you,

Darren