Maps for the latlong field

Maps for the latlong field

por Dave Balch -
Número de respostas: 4

Hi,

I've a branch of master that adds a geographical map API (MDL-42522), and adapts the latlong field to use it, displaying maps on-page instead of links to external map sites.

See it in action at:

Code available at: https://github.com/Dave-B/moodle/tree/master-maps

I'd like to get this merged into core eventually, but it needs some tidying up first.
Any feedback would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Dave.

Media de puntuacións: -
En resposta a Dave Balch

Re: Maps for the latlong field

por Itamar Tzadok -

If you make it a database field type plugin (datafield) it can be readily available to the community even before it is integrated into core and you can get valuable feedback. sorriso

En resposta a Itamar Tzadok

por Dave Balch -

Yeah, I was thinking about doing that, but just started with the github links as it's a bit convoluted; It'll need a local plugin for the maps, the latlong modifications (which I'll provide as a new field plugin), and a preset.

I'll post an update when they're available...

En resposta a Itamar Tzadok

por Dave Balch -

I've created plugins for this, for anyone who doesn't get on with GitHub. I think it's easier to use GitHub, as there are three plugins required:

That said, making the plugins was a useful exercise, as it made me do more testing and make more improvements sorriso

Media de puntuacións:Useful (1)
En resposta a Dave Balch

por Darren LaRue -

Hi Dave,

Do you have an active site where I could view this plugin in action?  The links give above no longer work.

Thank you,

Darren