All emails from moodle to be sent from noreply

All emails from moodle to be sent from noreply

by Raphael Goldman -
Number of replies: 7

Hi,

I wantt that all the emails will be sent from an address of noreply, is it possible to do it by a definition?

If not, how can I set all the users to have private mail - so moodle won't use their email address in the From field.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Raphael Goldman

Re: All emails from moodle to be sent from noreply

by ben reynolds -

I'm pretty sure (not 100%) that if you set all users' profiles to "Hide my email address from everyone" and then deny users permission to change that option, Moodle will send all notices, messages, from noreply@whatever.edu.

In reply to ben reynolds

תשובה ל: Re: All emails from moodle to be sent from noreply

by Raphael Goldman -

How can I change this settings to all the studets at once?

how can I avoid them to change that definition?

Thanks!

Re: תשובה ל: Re: All emails from moodle to be sent from noreply

by Andrea Bicciolo -
Hello Raphael,

for emails sent using forums, did you try the setting "Use email address in reply | forum_replytouser" available in "Site administration > Plugins > Activity modules > Forum"? However this setting is related only to forums .

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: Re: All emails from moodle to be sent from noreply

by Raphael Goldman -

Thanks.

That is a good start

Re: תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: Re: All emails from moodle to be sent from noreply

by Robert Brenstein -
If you really want ALL emails from Moodle sent from that address, you can hack the function that does sending. Moodle has a central function for that. However, when you do that, you should be monitoring mail coming to the noreply address, so you know about bounces and delivery problems.
In reply to Robert Brenstein

תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: Re: תשובה ל: Re: All emails from moodle to be sent from noreply

by Raphael Goldman -

Ok, so my 2 options are:

1) Changing the proccess email function.

2) Make all the emails private and preventing them from changing that definition.

I think option 1 is easier

Re: תשובה ל: Re: All emails from moodle to be sent from noreply

by ben reynolds -

You would use a flat file to upload all users. The docs tell you the fields. You set the optional email field to do not display email.

Looks like you would change the student role system wide to Edit own user profile = no Too bad it isn't a little more granular so you could just turn off edit email in profile, but as it stands, if you set it no, no student can turn on email visibility.