How to hide quiz navigation block (Moodle 2.5x)

How to hide quiz navigation block (Moodle 2.5x)

por Daniel Phillips -
Número de respuestas: 7

Hi all,

I have a quiz that has a lot of content and want to maximise as much screen real-estate as possible i.e. I want the content to stretch the full width of the page by removing all blocks including the navigation block.

The image below shows how the Quiz navigation block and the quiz info block (with the question number and flag option) takes up nearly 25 - 33% of content area:

The Blue area is where the quiz content sits and I would like the quiz content to fill most of the page including the area with the red rectangle.

I would like the quiz nav and quiz info box was sitting above the quiz content or it could be docked as other blocks.

I want to know if it is at all possible and if anyone has any ideas how I might go about doing this?

Cheers
Dan

Promedio de valuaciones (ratings): -
En respuesta a Daniel Phillips

Re: How to hide quiz navigation block (Moodle 2.5x)

por Joseph Rézeau -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Plugin developers Imagen de Testers Imagen de Translators

I quite agree with Daniel. The quiz navigation block and the Question info block take up too much valuable space and should be dockable.

Joseph

Promedio de valuaciones (ratings):Useful (1)

por Frankie Kam -
Imagen de Plugin developers

Hi Dan

The CSS code below,

.path-mod-quiz #mod_quiz_navblock { display: none;} 

if placed inside one of your theme's CSS files inside the  folder "moodle/theme/yourthemename/style", will remove the quiz navigation section, but won't make the quiz content area any larger. Am curious to know how to maximise the quiz content area.

Regards
Frankie Kam, Malaysia

En respuesta a Frankie Kam

por Wayne Prescott -

You can turn on or off flag question:

https://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=220428

also modifying the css such as

#page-content #region-main-box{
float:left;
left:0px;
position:relative;
width:200%
}

#page-content #region-post-box{
float:left;
left:50%;
margin-left:0px;
position:relative;
width:100%
}

But best tested with chrome or Firefox inspector I think to 'play with layout first.
En respuesta a Frankie Kam

por Daniel Phillips -

Thank you all for the help and pointers.

I tried out Frankie's suggestion which removed the quiz nav block and also Wayne's suggestion but need to work with the layout a bit more (it moved content to the left but still had a blank column on the right side of the page.

I am due to work with a Catalyst developer in the next few weeks and will get them to see if they can customise something to fit the requirements.

I'll let you all know how I get on.

Cheers

Dan

por Tim Hunt -
Imagen de Core developers Imagen de Documentation writers Imagen de Particularly helpful Moodlers Imagen de Peer reviewers Imagen de Plugin developers

Tell the Catalyst developer that they are welcome to communicate with me about this directly, (Although NZ <-> UK time-zone differences are one of the worst.)